Sender:
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:54:25 -0700
From:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Phil Smith wrote:
>http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/LEGO2009/Resources/index.html has
>scoresheets, extracted mission text for easy reading, etc.,
>including links to TapPoint, which has Excel scoring spreadsheets.

The TapPoint scoring sheets are very handy. But I spotted one error
in both the PDF and Excel versions. It's a subtle point but one that
may cause confusion:

For the Multiple Passenger Safety Test (aka "four passengers")
mission, FLL  says that the team-designed transport device must be
"in the round target area" to score. However, the TapPoint
scoresheets rewrite that to say that "the device is touching the
round target spot." An object can be "in" the target area without
touching the target area on the mat (see "in" versus "touching" in
rules 30 & 31), so the transport device could be suspended over the
target by whatever means and still score.

(I've sent this comment to the TapPoint folks with suggestion that
they correct it.)

Cheers,
Mike