From:
"Hatchett, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hatchett, Robert
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2011 00:16:41 +0000
While I understand both sides of the argument, I have personally checked the bottom of every post for the "digest" option and it apparently does not exist. It would be extremely advantageous to have a single, daily update to all the email traffic (or a summary - but that requires a human) from this list as it does become overwhelming to sort through. Perhaps this is something that the list serve administrators can re-institute or provide explicit instructions on how to achieve since it is not available by the accompanying links.

My only two cents for the forum is similar to what has already been proposed.... if not meant for global consumption, refrain from the "reply to all" option. While I agree, this forum is for information sharing, it is often a message board for questions that are either answered on the website or within the documentation provided and does not require a global audience to answer.

I have coached FRC teams going on eight years and we don't have this issue in that arena. I understand the advice to filter the traffic, but it does nothing to address the larger issue that the information sought can be achieved without clogging everyone's email inbox.

Robert Hatchett
Mechanical Engineer
FRC since 2004
FLL since 2009