Sender: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:01:05 -0400
From: Laura Dysart <[log in to unmask]>
Sounds like you will have what you need- but I have an extra NXT brick
(personal)- not parts I'd be happy to lend in an emergency; in
Richmond Va if you need. I had a 7 person rookie team that worked well
together last year. This year have the max of 10.  Keeping the newer
kids occupied- we have one robot- (have an extra brick but not enough
parts to do much with) and right now only one computer for research
during team meetings- i sense some of the newer kids struggling- one
new kid who feels he knows everything and if he isn't the one in
charge doesn't want to do anything. We continue to do team building
exercises- now each sessions cause has been an issue- lots of arguing-
wasn't like this last year- the larger team- three new members with no
experience- they don't seem content to shadow veteran's - goof off and
distract.  Any ideas for new members without a lot of experience
involving them?  We have 5-6 very dedicated team members who are
getting frustrated.