From:
Sarah Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:35:57 -0400
Mike,

Our team has always been a parent funded team and we have usually
averaged about $100.00
per team member (we have 7 members on our team).  In addition to costs
you mentioned, the $700.00
has also included the registration for the State Tournament and all the
small items such as materials
for presentations, materials to build giant mascots, materials for
banners, items to trade with other teams,
copying costs, etc.  Sometimes the small things can add up, so allow
some money for those.

We did build a very basic practice table that only cost about $50.00.
It simply sits on top
of our dining room table (although is still weighs a ton!!) so there
are no legs and we have never used lights.
If you want a more complex table, allow more money for that.  This will
be our fourth year and the basic table
has always worked fine for our team.

As far as snacks, you could have different families donate snacks so
you don't have to budget for those.

Good luck and let me know if you have other questions.

Sally Sylvester
Richmond VA
HomeWood CF-Als
NANO RATS