Sender:
From:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:10:39 -0400
Good advice from Charlie and others. I am just writing to mention
that my 5th-grader team three years ago did a little drama play,
reading all their lines from scripts, and still came away with a
plaque in the research category. It's a question of costs and
benefits:  The most important thing is that they did an effective
project and completed all of its required steps. If the team can
convey all their information in an effective and engaging way without
using notes, that's terrific. If using cards is necessary lest they
forget critical points (or freeze up with stage fright), then the
benefit of the cards outweighs the cost of imperfect memorization.

Mike