From:
Todd J Lennox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd J Lennox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:05:09 -0400
Matthew is right on with his responses. Want to discuss though item #2 as I have seen some issues with this one in the past. The referee will pick up the robot if asked.  They will though often not grab it immediately in order to ensure that is the team wants.  They are NOT responsible for anything that happens between the time you ask and they actually pick up the robot. If a scoring criteria indicates it is to be scored based on what appears at end of match the referee can’t give you credit for a condition your robot changed as result of the referee not reacting to your request before the robot changed the condition.

If you have a strategy or you know your robot tends to go haywire and therefore expect to ask the referee to pick the robot I recommend you have your technicians let the referee know before the match begins. Have them be specific about where the robot will be when you are likely to want to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone