Re: Project Dilemma

David Levy <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:24:18 -0400

Thanks to all for this great discussion..

Barry's direct feedback from the FLL Partner conference in SC adds much
to the relatively small project description on the FLL site .  Still, I
feel that we may need more clarification.

It is also true that the focus this year should be to connect with
another community somewhere in the world however I think that point may
be orthogonal to the original question raised on this thread by Nick -
which was:
" So the assumption made here is that climate change is already taking
place and we need to find some solution to adopt it, rather than some
ways to combat or change it. So the problems to be identified would be
some damages caused by the climate (like drought or flood), not some
thing that may cause climate changes."

If this assumption is true then indeed I agree with Nick dilemma.  It is
perplexing that teams would not be allowed to come up with a solution to
mitigate the effects of adverse climate by focusing on a possible cause
of the problem.   I've got to think that there will be some flexibility
here.   After all, last year the project description was pretty explicit
about focusing on public buildings  in your municipality.  But at the
end of the day, it was stated that focusing on power consumption in your
home would be acceptable.

Maybe we need to escalate this issue like we did last year.

Thanks
David Levy
Coach FLL Team 90  Super Nanobot Extremes