From:
Andy Traiger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Traiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 01:16:50 -0400
Desh,

Thanks for pointing out that our video might mislead a new team.  We did put
a disclaimer at the beginning of our video stating that since the rules have
not been released yet this is our best guess.  The main point of this video
was to show the mission models and the mat.  If a mission model could be
triggered in some way then we tried to show it.  We weren't trying to show
what needs to be done, just how the models work.  For example, we're pretty
sure that dumping all the bacteria on the ground at the contamination risk
stations (like we show in the video) will probably not be a prudent thing to
do in the match.

You are probably right that the food items are placed on the import station
most likely along with the rat that we showed there in our video.  I think
this is trying to teach that when you import food, unwanted pests are
transported along with the food.  As for which food items start out at what
location at the start of the match, we'll definitely have to wait for the
rules to come out.  It is a possibility that some of the food has to be
exported by placing it in the channel of the export station; though that
would be tricky for many reasons.

I agree that the trailer most likely has to trigger the import station and
catch the goods.  As for the location of the trailer at the start of the
match, we were speculating that it does not start out in base but rather in
the spot in the center of the Northern (middle) wall.  You are certainly
correct that the movement of the trailer from its starting position
(whatever that may be) to the import station will be tricky.   But all this
is speculation until the rules are released.

I'll have our team try and add a caption to our video warning teams not to
assume our interpretation of things is correct and that they should check
the rules carefully when they come out.

Thanks for your idea to improve our video!

Andy

  _____