From:
Curt Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curt Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:56:06 -0400
Hi Laura,

Yes, your team's idea does fit the Body Forward Project Challenge.   Just
make sure the device or tool (the solution) work directly with the body
(system - i.e. immune OR part - i.e. hands) to prevent the secondary
infection (the problem).

In addition, to be eligible for project awards you must have a live
presentation that:

. Describes your body part, function, or system, the problem, and your
team's innovative solution

. Identifies at least one scientist, engineer, or doctor who is working on
the problem and tells about them

. Shows that your team did the research and tells about the books,
magazines, websites, reports, and other resources you used to learn about
your problem and those working on it

. Tell how you shared your research findings with others

. Can be set up and presented in 5 minutes or less

You can also check on the FLL website for the most up to date project FAQ
(copy below), and if needed you can always e-mail your questions to

Cheers!

T. (Curt) Tran

Judges Advisor, TJHSST Regional '09

Mentor Team #5390, Kilmer-I '09

Mentor Team #8941, Kilmer-II '09

Coach Team #324, Scitobor '08

Coach Team #3563, Rabid Llama Lords '07

Project FAQ - Body Forward

Questions about the Project? Email [log in to unmask]

Q: Can a team's Project solution  focus on safety or prevention of the
problem associated with the body part, function or system chosen?
A: Yes.  Once a team has identified a body part, function or system to study
further and has chosen a related problem to focus on, their solution may be
a device that can prevent the problem from happening as long as the device
is used directly with the body in some way.  The device or tool must work
directly with the body in order to prevent the problem from happening.

Q: Do safety-type or injury prevention devices fit into the Body-Improved
Category?