Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:10:43 -0400
From:
Todd J Lennox <[log in to unmask]>
Only the robot(s) that are raising a flag get points.  The important word here is “the”. If we were talking about either robot this would be either an “a” or “either”. The last italicized sentence also helps here as it talks about when only robot is holding a flag only they score.

It is possible that two robots are both raising a single flag under the rules though obviously that will take some real ingenuity on the part of teams to do.

General comment on the robot game rules. I always recommend teams look at the score sheet when they are not sure about a rule. The rule and the score sheet should always agree.  If you want to make sure everyone understands the rule score it using the score sheet talking through why it was scored that way. This is also great practice for their tournament.

Sent from my iPhone