From:
Matthew Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:34:40 -0500
Hello, my name is Matt Fisher and I am the curriculum director for the
All-Arts, Sciences & Technology Camp sponsored by UNC Greensboro.

*I am searching for two LEGO Robotics instructors for our 2012 camp
season.  *

 The All-Arts, Sciences + Technology Camp is a week-long, residential
summer camp for children ages 7-15. Designed to give quality instruction in
the arts and sciences, the camp also includes recreation, values
exploration, and citizenship components.  We conduct our program on four
university campuses throughout North Carolina and Virginia.  (NC State,
George Mason University, UNC Greensboro, and Virginia Tech).

 You will find lots more information about our program on our website at:  *
http://allarts.uncg.edu**   **  *

 You can also view many years of photographs showing campers engaged in our
camp classes on our Flickr site at: *
http://www.flickr.com/photos/allartscamp/sets/*

----

 I am searching for instructors from all content areas, including math,
science, social studies, art, music, and technology.  This summer, we are
introducing several new classes including Camp TV (journalism and video
production), T-Shirt Tycoon (a lemonade stand-type class where campers will
create a t-shirt business in 4 days!), The Science of Superheroes (learn
the science behind superpowers!) and more...  I am also looking for
instructors with specific experiences in LEGO Robotics, rocketry,
chemistry, forensics, food chemistry (cooking), film making, sculpture,
jewelry making, fashion design and more!  (I am hiring for ALL of our
classes, not just the ones listed here  -- *  A complete list of our
classes can be found on our camp website.)*

* Camp course listings for 2012:  *
http://web.uncg.edu/dcl/web/allarts_technology/courses/

* As an instructor* , you would teach 2 classes a day (Monday - Thursday)
and have some additional duties including Sunday morning/afternoon,
Wednesday night and Friday morning (camp registration, camp dance, and
Friday Curriculum Fair) - * Please note that these times may change
slightly as we restructure some of our camp programs each summer, and some
instructor positions will require additional hours during the evening.*   A
complete curriculum and all materials to teach the class are provided, but
I also encourage our instructors to use their background experiences to
embellish their subject matter. Before we begin camp, we have 2 days for
instructor training, where we meet the entire staff, go over the structure
of camp and participate in some activities that focus our goals for the
summer.

 The dates for our program this summer run from *Thursday, July 5th -
Friday, August 3th*.  First-year instructor salary is $325 a week and we
provide all of your housing, meals, and transportation (if you are
traveling with us to different campus locations).  During the interview
phase, preference is given to applicants who can commit to working the
entire 4 1/2-weeks of our program (this helps maintain the consistency of
our program).  *BUT* it is not uncommon for me to hire an instructor for 1
or 2 weeks, depending on any holes I may have in my instructor roster.    *IN
ADDITION:  * All camp staff members receive a 50% discount on any of their
children they wish to send to camp.

 ----
Please follow the link below for additional employment information.  You
will also find job descriptions and class descriptions on the site as well.
 On your application, please be certain to select INSTRUCTOR as the
position you are applying for.

http://www.uncg.edu/dcl/allarts/apply.html<http://web.uncg.edu/dcl/web/allarts_technology/employment/why_work_for_us.asp>

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at
[log in to unmask]  I look forward to hearing from you.

--
Matthew Fisher, M.Ed.
UNC Greensboro - Division of Continual Learning

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 336-315-7016
Web:  http://allarts.uncg.edu