From:
Brittany Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brittany Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2015 14:14:49 -0500
Coaches,

As someone who has been both a long-time tournament volunteer (13+ years) and a fellow coach (4 years), I want to pile onto Sonya’s comments about the benefits of volunteering as a judge. It is indeed a great way to learn more as a coach and to get some great tips for you to use with your team next year. Volunteering is also an excellent way to give back to this incredible program. Yes, as coaches were are already volunteers, but putting on a tournament is another thing entirely and each year our tournaments rely on hundreds of dedicated volunteers to make them happen. It is a marvel to behold what happens behind the scenes to put on an event like our championship tournament Last, but certainly not least, it is a lot of fun! You’ll meet other coaches and volunteers from all across the region, you’ll see amazing teams in action, and you’ll get to enjoy the energy that can only come from the world’s largest FLL tournament.

My teams won’t be competing this weekend, but I look forward to seeing many of you in Harrisonburg for an unforgettable weekend (and hopefully I’ll see some of you in the judges’ training session)!

Cheers,
Brittany