Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:02:54 -0400
8bit
From:
"Swayne, Nick" <[log in to unmask]>
Coaches/Mentors,

For some time now many of our public school teams have asked to have the team registration start earlier to so they already have teams formed when they come back for classes in the fall.  FIRST has responded.

Registration opens on May 4th this year - and FIRST has really improved the registration process.  One significant improvement is how easy it is for one person to register multiple teams.  This used to be a real issue because the person doing the registration for some school systems was someone in the central office - not the coach.  But that person got all the e-mail, snail mail, notices and often the equipment.  Now you can differentiate the person doing the registration and paying the bills from the contact person.  I tested this part out and it worked very well.

They are also adding the capability to list events and handle registrations.  It looks great but we've not had a chance to really test it yet.  If you have an event like a workshop for kids or coaches let me know and I'll get them posted.

The URL address for the national organization's website has also changed.  The main website for FLL can be found at:

	http://www.usfirst.org/firstlegoleague/community/homepage.html

The team registration page is at: https://gofll.usfirst.org

If you have any questions please contact me at this e-mail address, or Amy Jefferson at [log in to unmask]

Look forward to seeing you at one of our tournaments!

Nick