From:
Amy Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2015 07:15:20 -0400
Here are my two cents as well...

I will ditto what others said, but also say something about the
tournaments.  Having more kids to do the work may seems like an unfair
advantage to other teams, but I do think that you would actually be
hindering the kids that will actually be going into the judging sessions.
The judges will ask them questions about their work and they would have to
explain how someone - not on their official team - did pieces of their work
for them.  If someone, not on their official team, programmed a certain
mission, they surely can't run that mission at the tournament....and the
same would go for the project.  In Core Values, they are being judged on
how they work...and worked during the season...together.  Different kids
change the dynamics of how they all work together.  If they are used to
working within a certain environment during the season, and then the
dynamics change during the tournament, I think you may be setting your kids
up for a difficult time.

It takes so much time to coach a team and it's such a personal investment.
But I also do believe that anyone can do it, if they make the time to do
it.  I would suggest that she start her own team and offer to help her with
ideas of how to begin.  Also, in my experience, any other veteran team are
always willing to help her.  If she were to ask, I have no doubts that she
would receive much advice and offers to help.

Amy

--
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of
battle."