From:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:56:20 -0500
If you read the Housekeeping Rule, Rule 15, it says:
*15 - Housekeeping*

   - After the referee (the “ref”) inspects everything you’ve brought to the
   competition area, you may store it in Base and/or in a box on a stand
   where you can get to it quickly while operating your robot.
   - Team members other than the two at the table are not allowed to hold
   anything unless approved by the ref.
   - Nothing is allowed on the floor unless approved by the ref.
   - Mission models always need to stay in view of the ref.
   - In rare situations of crowding at Base, the ref allows you to store
   objects on the table away from Base, but only if it is obvious their
   placement is purely for storage.

Storing objects near base is allowable and mission models need to be in the
view of the ref.
So plan to keep things on the table, but the team may ask the ref if they
can be moved off the table and still in view.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor