From:
"Teel, Richard [USA]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teel, Richard [USA]
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:29:17 +0000
Michael,

I am not certain exactly what the judge may have been asking but the judge may have meant a backup program to recover or complete a mission which did not execute as anticipated. In our case, the team noticed that the program to bring the truck back to base would sometimes leave the truck just outside of base so they created a separate program to attempt to recover the truck. This worked well for the team and they were able to use it for the trailer as well in case it too was left a short distance from base. If things worked well, the program was not needed and the team would not run it however it was handy and worked well when needed.

I suspect this is the type of program the judge was referring to but I am uncertain. Hopefully someone else will chime in here as well.

Richard Teel
Coach
Robotic Roadrunners (6585)