From:
Carolyn Wilkerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:40:09 -0500
I'm going to be transferring to a brand new middle school this fall.? I have coached a team at my present school for the past 4 years and have been thinking about what I would like to do differently at the new school.? I'd really like to be able to expose more students to robotics and try to get those kids who are somewhat apprehensive about it to try it without having to commit to competing in a regional tournament.? I have been thinking about how to organize an after-school? club.? Or maybe offer an after-school class that students would come to for several weeks (then I could offer the class a few times each school year to different groups of students).?? I am limited in the number of kits I have (I have?6 kits now)?so I'm a little afraid to just announce that we will have an after-school club and then have a 100 kids show up.?

I'm really interested in hearing what other people have done at their schools or any ideas you may have.?? Thanks!

Carolyn