From:
Amy Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:23:43 -0800
Thank you Rosalind!  I did try the link for the activities, but it was not working.  Perhaps it's not active yet?

I will say a word about following our kids to the activities.  Last year there were problems with the buses that had us concerned.  The bus that came to take our kids to their activity was a half hour late and our kids stood outside for that time waiting.  When the bus finally came, all the kids would not fit on the bus, so the students running the activity offered to get off to allow the few kids left to get on...or they were going to leave our 3 kids behind for another bus - without the people in charge of their activity.  We insisted the adults stay on, so they made room for the additional kids.  But we came to find out afterwards that our kids were standing on the bus with nothing to hold onto (our kids were 8 yrs old last year) as the bus drove through the city streets, because there was no where for them to sit.  We were really uncomfortable with this at the time, so we found the building the activity was being held in, and when they came out, we
 simply walked up and got them as they were coming down the stairs with no one asking us any questions.

Anyway, I know the JMU students work hard to plan these activities and we're very appreciative of what is offered.  We're feeling a little hesitant this year and while we know that parents / coaches are not invited into the rooms, we're wondering if there will be an option to drive our kids to the activities ourselves and drop them off.  We have some young kids on our team, with the youngest being 7 yrs., and putting them in a situation like that is causing us a bit of anxiety.  So if we can get them there ourselves, we'd feel a lot better about it.

Thanks much,
Amy Nichols