From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:10:36 -0400
Rule 48 refers to touching an autonomous robot at a precise time. It is not
about starting your robot from base. If you want to use your eyes to
determine what programs to run, where to place your robot in base to start
another mission, that is perfectly OK and well within the rules. Let's say
your robot goes out to do a mission, but moves something unexpectedly,
blocking a different mission that you want to accomplish on the next run.
Your robot drivers recognize that the robot will not be able to run that
program because of the new blockage. They can decide to run instead a
backup program, perhaps solving a different mission. Or an alternative way
of solving the same mission. No, your robot drivers are expected to use
their eyes during the mission and make tactical decisions based on that
information.

.