From:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:34:53 -0400
Yes, you may use any LEGO wheels, including any from earlier Mindstorms kits.  LEGO brands include LEGO, Duplo, Bionicle, Mindstorms, Technic.  You may use non-electric parts from any of these brands.

Rule 6 - EQUIPMENT
• Your equipment (robot, attachments, and other accessories) must be made entirely of LEGO elements in original factory condition.
• Exception 1: You may reference a paper list to keep track of robot programs.
• Exception 2: LEGO string and tubing may be cut to length.
• There are no restrictions on the quantities or sources of non-electric LEGO elements, except that factory-made wind-up/pull-back “motors” are not allowed. Pneumatic elements are allowed.

Steve