From:
Tracy Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:25:31 EST
Larry,

Scroll the screen until you find the "view" window.  Select and scroll  over
to the gears window, one will have a "R" and one will have a "D" in the
bottom corner.  Select the window with "D" and then a window with port, A,  B or C
will come up, select the port you wish to program, (for us A is an  arm and B
and C are controlling the wheels).  Once you select  your port you will
manually push your robot to the desired distance /  location.  The degrees will come
up on the window and you can key that into  your move block.      If you
select "R" it will  give you the # of Rotations needed and if you select "D" it
will give you the  degrees needed.  We have found the degrees to be more
accurate than the  Rotations.  Be sure when programming the move block to key in
"Degrees".  We are still experimenting with this on curve turns and it has  not
been as accurate.  It has worked well with turns, our arm and straight  shots.
If you are traveling backwards the degrees will show on the screen  as " -
720 "  you do not key in the "-" just choose the backwards  arrow on your block.

I do hope I explained this clearly.  We are still playing with  this new
discovery.  If I am missing information or someone can   add to this I would be
grateful.  I do know it has made our  programming go much faster.  One of our
team members received the "Lego  Mindstorms NXT Idea Book" and it is awesome.
The kids cannot wait until  the off season to plow through these projects.

Note on the move block issue.  David thank you I have ordered the  upgrade
and we are experimenting with putting some of our written  programs into a My b
lock to save space, is this correct?  One student had a  question, Could each
mission be programmed and be put into a "My Block",  and then put each "My
Block" into one program?  They are working  on ways to not have to spend time at
the table scrolling through the brick to  find each mission file.  Even when
the missions are downloaded to the brick  in order of their runs they still have
to scroll to find them.

Thank you,
Tracy

unIn a message dated 11/29/2008 6:40:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,