From:
Parakh Saini Batra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Parakh Saini Batra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:00:40 -0400
Hello All,
I am rookie coach of a rookie team of 4th graders. There are currently 6 on my team. I have a situation where I have a very disruptive team member who is slowing down the progress of the team and is not really interested in contributing.  I have been trying to work with him all season to help him find his groove - but there is only so much leeway I can give until it becomes unfair to the other members. I had a discussion with his mother early this week about the issue hoping she could talk to him, but she basically felt that I needed to just work around his bad attitude. So we left it as:
1. she does not want her son to join the team next year
2. she has conveyed to me after our conversation that her son is not happy being on the team or the progress we are making -  if we want to keep him on he will stick it out this season - but attend every other meeting. (I know what the answer should be - but I will leave it up to the rest of the team if they think he should stay the season or bow out)

1. SO she wants to know - can the replacement member next year 'buy' out her 'share' - referring to the initial cost incurred by the table and the robot kit (since these can be used next year).  If we were to do this, how would we figure out the correct amount?  Has anyone encountered such a thing?

3. I suspect that if the team decides that he shouldn't finish out the season - she will try to get out of paying for this year.  How have you handled this in the past?

Next year the prudent thing to do would be to get the money at the start of the season (lesson learned) If you are still with me thank you!  I appreciate the feedback!

Kind regards,
-Parakh