From:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:44:54 -0400
If you have never considered volunteering, you should. We (myself,
daughter and son) started volunteering two years ago when the state
tournament moved to Harrisonburg and my kids (15 and 12) look forward
to that day like no other. It is a lot of work, but it is a ton of fun
and you get to meet lots of interesting people.

You also learn how to act as a coach. Let me tell you, from a referee
standpoint, the best coaches are the ones who stand back and don't
involve themselves whatsoever in whatever is happening on the table
(before during and after each run). The team should be the one and
only interface to the referee.

--
Haskins Family Farm
Middletown, VA