From:
Brandy bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brandy bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 13:28:35 -0800
My team is looking forward to doing a sumo contest in two weeks.  You
teach/learn about the light sensor and then you let the kids design a robot that
can knock another robot out of a ring.  The guide I'm using, "Educate NXT", has
them learning why the robot is acting the way it does (i.e staying inside the
black circle.).  The teacher can allow the students to program the robot, or
make a standard program and allow everyone to use that one.  You can also
revisit this idea at another time by adding, touch sensors and ultrasonic
sensors to the mix and then letting them battle it out again. Tthe idea of robot
battles is VERY attractive to the kids, so if it were me, I would find some time
to fit it in the camp.
Regards,
Brandy