From:
Darlene Pantaleo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Pantaleo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:15:26 -0500
The kids tend to do better without familiar adults in the room. Kids usually think that the expectations of their coaches and parents are high and/or the kids want to please them; this makes them more nervous than they would be otherwise.

The only way the judging would be negatively impacted is if the judges see the adults responding in any way if the kids look for guidance, or if the adults chime in on their own.

These things hold true across all judging.