From:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:05:34 -0500
Jin,
  Good question--VA/DC FLL has a strong preference not to glue models
together at tournaments, so I don't think anyone saw any models glued.  At
the tournaments I attended, we had very few issues with the yellow guide
walls, or even with the loops (at least due to their fragility Q&A 22).  So
I do not expect to glue any models for the Championship tournament.

  We did notice that the loops on the southeast guide wall do tend to settle
and stick (Q&A 1), and referees have been asked to make sure that they are
loose.  (If the robot tries to lift them and they are not loose, then that
is faulty model setup and Rule 27 awards teams the associated points.)  Also
see Q&A 24 for loop lifting.

Steve
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor