From:
Daniel McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 16:05:37 -0400
This same situation happened to me last year.  Right or wrong, here's what
I did.  I told the parent that I had closed enrolment for the team when the
Challenge was released in early September.  I said I wouldn't reopen until
after the Qualifier tournament, in case the team advanced.  My, possibly
flawed, reasoning was that the original commitment of the participating
families was up to the Qualifier, and I intended to have them all decide if
they wanted to continue after the initial commitment was met.  The team
didn't advance, so that never played out.  I invited the family to join
this year, and they're in.

Best regards,
Daniel McDonald
Team #156