From:
John Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:39:41 -0400
Tournament day is long and tiring.  I agree.  And personally, I would
love to see what other teams have done for their project but by the end
of the day, my concentration is gone.  I do, however, like the idea of
sharing project presentations.  I suggest that we, the coaches of the
teams here in VA, take it upon ourselves to self-publish our team's
project presentations via YouTube.  OK, so I'm partial to that medium
since the kids used it last year as a mechanism to share our team's
project.  The nice thing about doing it via YouTube (or other Web-based
medium) is that your team members can share their work with friends and
family everywhere.  One parent told me that her family in India was
thrilled to see the video.

Last year the kids decided to do a skit and videotape it which made it a
natural for YouTube.  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKkVhY911E)   A
five minute video tape of a presentation, even if it just a practice
round, would be really helpful to other coaches and teams.  And if your
team wins an award for their project (or robot design) then show it
off!  (No, we didn't win an award for our presentation, but I don't
think the kids really minded since they had such a fun time making the
video).

When you publish the video, be sure to let the listserv know.

John
Co-Coach of the Lake Anne Sea Monsters

John J. Barrett
Industrial Medium, Inc.