From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:18:02 -0400
We have three teams this year: A junior, a Div 1 and a Div 2. I want to
make sure that we aren't breaking any rules by having the older kids
working with the younger kids on a regular basis. We have our weekly
practices in the same place, at the same time, with the expectation that
the older kids will help the younger kids. The bottom line is, everyone
does their own work. There will be advice, "here's how we are doing it",
programming suggestions, etc, type of knowledge exchanged. They might want
to schedule interviews together, but we haven't gotten that far. But when
it comes down to it, they are each on their own teams and will compete
separately.

Any problems with that type of setup? I don't want any unexpected surprises
at competition time! Anything in particular that I should ensure that we
stay clear of? What if both teams come up with the same problem that they
want to solve? And the same solution? I mean, they are kids and they are
going to talk to each other. But if a judge asks one of my Div 1 kids where
they got their idea, and they say it was one of the Div II kids that came
up with it, that sounds like trouble to me.

.