From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2021 20:30:53 -0500
VA-DC Coaches. Hoping someone can help us.

Our robot normally runs very straight. But lately we have been noticing a
couple of spots on the mat where our robot will almost always do a short
jog to the left of about one cm. The spots are very specific and the
sidestep happens with near 100% regularity. Everywhere else on the mat, the
robot drives perfectly. We have tried cleaning the wheels many times. The
mat seems clean, but there are some wear marks in the problem areas. It
sure doesn't feel greasy or slippery or tacky in those specific areas. I am
at a loss. I am hesitant to try cleaning the mat with anything, but I'd
like to hear if any of you guys have any ideas.

To be clear, it is a very specific spot. We can program in a move tank
block, 10 revolutions, and aim the robot to pass over the spot. No matter
how far away we are at the start, it will shift at that same spot.

Coach Skip Morrow