Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Steve Radich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 18:30:23 -0400
If anyone on the list is interested I have last 2 years challenge
boards, NXTs, and a son looking for a team in Broadlands area (11). He's
quite smart, but hard headed, not the best team player (wants to be
leader, needs to work on this a lot) and has aspergers (which explains
some of those traits). All this makes him a challenge to work with
sometimes. I won't have time this year to do anything on a team.. I
coached a school team two years ago, last year we signed up for a team
but gave up (lack of time, I really wanted to be an assistant coach both
times and last year just couldn't commit time to meetings).

I've got 3 NXT kits and the last 2 years challenge boards; I'll buy
(want to keep it though) another entry / board and for a team and
BitShop (work) can be considered a sponsor or something (name on shirt
or whatever). Also can probably provide some computer tips to the team
if needed (programming tips, etc.).

If someone has a small team he may be a good addition, but I want to be
clear he's a challenge in the group stuff always and it'll need to be a
coach who's patient, preferably one who has some experience with
Aspergers kids.

Our extra kits would make it easier not to have the arguments over
pieces and have a spare test robot, etc. and I like having the extra
boards to let kids try to do things early to get an idea of what the
whole process is. Last years board was never even assembled <sigh>.

If it's a win/win match for someone perhaps he can be an addition and we
can help the team out with the extra resources available.

Good luck to all teams..

Steve Radich - http://www.aspdeveloper.net
<blocked::blocked::http://www.aspdeveloper.net/>  /
http://www.virtualserverfaq.com
<blocked::blocked::http://www.virtualserverfaq.com/>
BitShop, Inc. - Development, Training, Hosting, Troubleshooting -
http://www.bitshop.com <blocked::blocked::http://www.bitshop.com/>