Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:19:44 -0400
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Mandy Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
These are all good questions.  You may want to do some tweaking....

1)  As a referee, the one thing that consistently annoys me each year is the hair on the minifigs.  No, we aren't going to disqualify a figure if the hair pops off.  But putting it down gently ( or letting it hang in the air) is nicer than slamming it to the table.

2)  If one of the blue or white medicines is on the dispenser at the end of the match, then the team will not get the 25 points for correctly auto-dispensing.
	No, the team may not bump the table to make one medicine square fall off (or any other effect on the field).  If that happens, then the referee will replace the object (Rule 18, bullet 3:  non-robot accidents), and warn the team not to do it again.

3)  If the robot pulls a mission model off its dual-lock from the mat, early in the day, then the team will get benefit of the doubt and the mission will be scored based on the condition of the field at the end of the match.  If the robot is rescued while connected to a mission model that came detached from its dual-lock, then the mission model will be removed from the field (rule 22) and cannot be counted as complete.  If the robot consistently pulls a mission model off its dual-lock from the mat, then by the end of the day, the team will not score points for that mission.  This is a robot defect that should be corrected.  (Rule 13, the dual lock is considered part of the mission model, and intentional separation is not permitted.)

4)  Nothing may be removed from the field, except as a penalty for a robot touch (Rule 22), or for temporary storage (moving from Base to the storage box, Rule 19).  Neither the referee nor the team may clear obstructions (Rule 23, bullet 1).  Only the robot may move objects that are outside of Base.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC Referee Advisor