From:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:39:43 -0400
Michael's arts and Crafts and Joann fabric's both sell blank, iron on, D.I.Y
printer designed t-shirt emblems, 10 for about $12-15.  The shirts range
from $2.50- 5, depending on the sale. That cuts your cost to between
$32-65-  Less if you can use a coupon to buy the iron on panels.
  I don't how crafty you are, but here's an idea that we use-
http://www.instructables.com/id/D.I.Y.-Screen-Printing/
I'm an art & technology teacher so this brings both those loves together :)
Your design should be strongly graphic driven and generally limited to no
more than two colors, but we found doing another club t-shirt that we could
use the same technique and use die cut letters for scrapbooking to write
anything we wanted to say neatly and cheaply :)  The only limitation is the
size of your screen. Jerry's artarama has the cheapest inks online  Again,
if you have a Michael's near you, you can use one of their great 50% off
coupons and that will save you.   Assuming you use salvaged materials to
create the screen, it will cost exactly the same per shirt as the iron ons,
but the kids get a sense of great satisfaction out of creating their own
t-shirts.
 (I tried to attach a photo of my team's shirt, but the site said it was too
big to go through so I can't add it.)
Good luck,
Brandy