From:
Jeff Beima <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Beima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:57:57 -0400
It sounds like you are an unpatched version of NXT 2.1.  See the LEGO
Education website for the latest patch that apparently does fix the problem
(this link originally provided by Julia Marshel):

http://education.lego.com/en-gb/searchresult?q=2.1f3

In case this isn't it, here is another interesting post from John Barrett
of the Cellar Dwellers last year on this subject:

My kids discovered that if there is a "bar" somewhere on the screen
[unattached], then the program will not compile and download. By "bar", I
mean one of the connectors that goes between blocks. Sometimes they are
hard to find. You may need to recreate the program (as in create a
completely new program) and copy the block values over. Cutting and pasting
blocks from the old broken program to the new one will sometimes grab the
offending bar, so beware if you try that approach.

Have fun!

Jeff Beima
Coach, Terra-Techno Tigers, FLL #9403