From:
Juliann Eberheim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:25:46 +0000
Thank you so much for all you do for FLL.  You all are amazing!  Regionals, States, - it was all so amazing!

And thanks for putting up with panicky coaches like me when I miss that Excel has tabs for different sheets (who knew? - obviously not me!) or last minute questions and concerns.  I knew I could always lean on your team to help out my team with any questions or concerns so that they could do their best - even if some of you were "across the pond" as it were.

Thanks is just not enough - I hope you realize how you have changed kid's (and coach's) lives for the better by supporting such an incredible organization in FLL and FIRST.  For my own family, my son felt like an outcast at school because he was not a sports nut or "cool" kid - he was just a technology nerd.  I was a very introverted - never reach out for anything - kind of Mom. I  stepped way out of my comfort zone to try and coach an FLL team for my son, daughter and 6 other great kids on my team. And with all we have done, the greatest gift back from this experience was after our very first meeting, when my son hopped in the car and said "that was the greatest day in my life - I finally met a kid who not only knows what a worm screw drive is but why you would want to use it!"  (and that kid was an 8 year old boy who is now a good friend to my son).  More than robots and research and plaques and trophies - you taught my son that there is a place for him in this world and the!
re ar
e so many others just like him that love to get together, be friends and build robots!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

Juliann
Mindstormers
6398