Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Lloyd O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:34:42 +0000
I look back on coaching days with fond memories interspersed with nightmares about time constraints.

I would agree with both Eve and Robert but I would add one more thing.  As you know, the actual robot performance, while its generally the most exciting to the kids, is only 25% of the overall score at the tournament.  So I would suggest that the team get itself to a place where they can do one or more (set a realistic goal given the time left) tasks on the table and call it a success if they get there.  If they don't, call it a success because they learned something about robotics and had fun on the journey.

Also, remember to work in time for the project, teamwork, and technical presentations.

Have fun, this program really is a win-win for all the kids and adults involved.

Lloyd O'Hara

From: "Sky, Eve Y" <[log in to unmask]>