Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:10:12 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Jeff Borek <[log in to unmask]>
My team, the Robodpolphins from OBES, had a great time and I'd like to add ourselves to the chorus of thanks for all the volunteers.

I was not-a-little stressed trying to make the experience as good as possible for my team.  I almost hit a person getting stuff out of her trunk in the parking lot, my team "stole" the Well from a practice table over lunch hour [trust me this was a mistake, and in spite of our thoughts to get the table ready for the next team, as it is in an attachment during our last mission, not for any nefarious reason], and I was generally worried and somewhat frantic especially on Sunday despite the "relaxed" schedule [no possible schedule can be relaxed for me Mr. Scherr]

... I mention all this because in spite of all this my team and I were treated to tremendous hospitality, friendliness, and graciousness from everyone involved in the tournament including head judge, head referee, historian, at least most of the coaches and parents : )  and on and on.  It is a special place with special people.

Finally a shout out to Brixx Bots [hopefully I am remembering the name right].  One of the coolest moments of the weekend was when I checked into my hotel Saturday and saw the practice table set up there in the lobby.  Couldn't have been easy to get it there.  Sweet example of Gracious Professionalism.

We won no trophy, we learned a lot.  My kids came out of the weekend excited about doing more missions even though there is no tournament on the horizon.  I am grateful.