From:
Lloyd O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 22:37:05 -0400
Valerie,

I'm not quite sure how to answer your question.  I'll take the general
approach.  Attachments, if need, should be constructed to fit the need for
accomplishing the mission.  Take for example, returning the doctor to base
so you can send her back out to the patient area, the team would probably
want to construct an attachment that captures, in some way, the doctor.  It
may, or may not be moveable.  You will be surprised by the variety of
solutions you see at a tournament.  The team needs to construct something
that best fits their approach to solving the mission

Now, onto the moveable portion of the question. The only way teams I've
coached have had moveable attachments is to have a motor on-board to drive
the attachment (yes, I realize there are ways to have moveable attachments
with out motors).  As I said earlier, its all a matter of need and how the
the team wants to construct the solution.

I hope I'm making sense.  If not, let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks,

Lloyd O'Hara
Coach, Crestwood Monarchs