Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:34:09 -0400
Resources from TechBrick Robotics: Resource Update Sept 15, 2010Just wanted to let you all know that Techbrick (a Maryland team) has added some resources to their website. (See their email below).

We like the image of the mat and use it to plot the robot’s paths.  Sometimes we laminate it and use wet erase pens to draw the paths.  Other times we have copied it into Microsoft’s OneNote (a great application!)and draw our paths on the image using colored markers in that application.  We copy it multiple times and have an image for each robot run.  Using OneNote we can save our work and print it if desired.  OneNote is like having an electronic notebook with tabs and pages within each tab.  It has a clipping feature that lets you clip things from the web – great for saving research info.  It adds the URL under the clipping so you can remember where it came from.

After the challenge is released, Techbrick usually publishes a score sheet, which we have found helpful.  This, too, we have laminated for reuse.  It sums up the missions nicely all on one page with pictures of the mission models.  So check back in September for that item.

Cari Norton
www.robodesigners.com

http://www.techbrick.com

FOOD FACTOR WORKSHEETS AND RESOURCES ARE POSTED... Yum!

CLICK HERE FOR 2010-11 Food Factor Worksheets, and Other Materials

  a.. 'Table Elements Instructions in one zip file.
  b.. Food Factor Images For Your Own Worksheets, Posters, and Clothing
  c.. Worksheet for the "Body Forward" Challenge Table
  d.. 11x17 Field Worksheet for Strategy
  e.. A Worksheet for the Challenge Elements
  f.. Step-By-Step Programming Worksheet
  g.. UPDATED: Awesome Lego parts that can win you a FLL tournament (3 pages)
  h.. What is a Team Info Sheet?
  i.. Cool LEGO Ruler With Stud Counters
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/Lego2011/Resources/index.html

Welcome to a new season of FIRST!

ALSO: A great a free document, "Mundane and Boring Subjects that will Change Your Digital Life,"  from Enktesis LLC has been updated with new articles. It has some of the best, simple, one-page explanations on issues as simple as naming files, sorting digital photos, sending email, and wait, there's more... Check it out. Download it at http://www.enktesis.com

Getting your team ready? Try our cool group games and other resources...
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/TechBrick/Resources/Groups
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/Lego2008/Resources/fllmissioncards.html
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/TechBrick/TeamTips/NewTeams

FOR FTC TEAMS THIS IS A MUST HAVE BOOK:
FTC Robotics: Tips, Tricks, Strategies, and Secrets
196 pages of the best FTC tips from four veteran teams: Less than $9 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1451576927?tag=techbrick-20

FOR FLL TEAMS THIS IS A MUST HAVE BOOK:
FIRST LEGO League: The Unofficial Guide
The best overall direction for new and veteran FLL teams: Less than $20 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1593271859?tag=techbrick-20

TechBrick Robotics
Forest Hill, MD USA
http://www.techbrick.com

            Forward email

            This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |
            Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

            TechBrick Robotics | 1603 Belvue Drive | Forest Hill | MD | 21050-2508