From:
"Aucoin, Bill (ES)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aucoin, Bill (ES)
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:42:34 +0000
I’d like to jump into the conversation and give my opinion (and see if Steve corrects me)…

The trailer’s back wheels don’t necessarily have to touch the mat, the mission description says, “with any of its wheels touching the port dock north of the white line”. If at least one of the wheels, either front or back, are touching the mat north of the white line, you meet the criteria for this mission.

From: http://firstlegoleague.org/sites/default/files/Challenge/FoodFactor/FLL2011_Complete_Challenge.pdf

MISSION: REFRIGERATED GROUND TRANSPORT
SCORING CONDITION(S): Get points for one of these only…
---The trailer in Base is worth 12 POINTS.
-----------OR-----------
---The trailer with meat inside, and no germs inside, with any of its wheels touching the port dock north of the white line is worth 20 POINTS, and 6 ADDITIONAL POINTS for each big fish inside. For fish points, the baby fish must still be touching its mark.

For additional unofficial clarification, listen to Scott Evans discuss the nuances of this mission. Advance to 1:31:45 in the recording: http://firstlegoleague.org/sites/default/files/Challenge/TeamResources/FoodFactor/FLLRobotGame2011.mp3 When considering what Scott says in the recording, please remember that this is unofficial guidance according to Rule28:

28 — PRECEDENCE/AUTHORITY
• You get information about the robot game from more than one place. Once in a while, information from different places conflicts. So here is the order of precedence for the sources:
1 = CURRENT Robot Game Updates, 2 = Missions and Field Setup, 3 = Rules
• If something on a page conflicts with something else on the same page, the most sensible interpretation is assumed. If two interpretations seem equal, the interpretation most favorable for the team is assumed.
• On all pages, videos and pictures are for guidance and example only. Often they can not express complete information, and are therefore misleading. When there is conflict between pictures/videos and text, the text takes
precedence!
• The head ref at a tournament is required to base decisions on the information above, in the order shown above. No other source of information is official, including e-mails from Robot Game Support.
Best Regards,
Bill