From:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 22:18:59 -0400
Should you care?  Well that is a big question that only you can answer.

You need to consider your team's goals.  What are the trying to accomplish,
how mature are they, can you push them to grow?

Also some teams just can't be advanced beyond a certain point each year.

But if you want to try to take them to the next level, ask then to
study the project rubric
and evaluate the teams' choices against the rubric.  This can get them
thinking in categories

presentation, research, sharing etc.

Which ideas can best acheive the rubric.

Some teams struggle with this.  Some can't think very categorically
but some can. And all of them
grow their critical reasoning skills when stretched this way.

But also they need to have fun. So balance it.

Isn't being a coach fun?

Eric Palmer
team 1740 TNBI