Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:54:11 -0400
From:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Heather Houlden <[log in to unmask]>
Rule 13 subpart says
You are limited as to how you may connect anything to a mission model.
Gently flipping and/or shaking
one (the heavier if the two are different) must allow gravity to completely
separate them. The ref does not
allow a start with an illegal connection. See Rule 20.

Rule 20 does not apply
20 - START POSITION
•    For the match start and all restarts, EVERY BIT of the robot, including
its installed attachments, everything touching it, and any objects it is
about to move or use, must ALL fit COMPLETELY in Base.
•    The ROBOT MAY be touching objects it is about to move or use.
•    YOU may NOT be touching objects the robot is about to move or use.
•    YOU may NOT be touching objects the robot is touching.
•    Everything must be motionless.
•    There must not be any illegal connections. See Rule 13.

5 - INTERPRETATION
•    Robot game text means exactly and only what it says, so it should be
taken literally whenever possible.
•    Do not interpret text based on your assumption about intent, or on how
a situation might be in “real life.”
•    Example: If a mission is to “enter the house,” the window is just as
valid an entry point as the door.
•    If a detail isn’t mentioned, then it doesn’t matter.
•    Example: If a mission is to “put the cup on the table,” upside down is
just as valid as right side up.
•    There are no hidden requirements or restrictions, but there are hidden
freedoms, and you’re encouraged
to find them!

So by my read anything attached can be left with it but it has to meet rule
13 subpart for things attached to the mission.  A shake has to be able to
separate the parts.

Does this make sense?

Eric