From:
Bdh612-ess <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bdh612-ess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:28:45 -0500
1) you do not need permission - the ref will place a roof tile

2) if the basket is "joined to the robot by hand" and is designed "to be removed only by hand", using "any method, any configuration", even if only temporarily, it is part of the robot and will not be subject to a junk penalty. Gravity is a method, so it counts. It the robot pushes it, it's cargo and a "strategic object", so it would be given a junk penalty.
We had one run at the competition where the only thing to make it to the red zone was part of the basket. We got the "safe place" points of course, but the ref had to check that each item in the basket made it into the zone on its own to score those (fortunately for us, they were all in the front part of the basket)..

Brian

Sent from my iPhone