Sender:
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:42:52 -0500
From:
Arielle Masters <[log in to unmask]>
To: Nagesh Chintada <[log in to unmask]>
I saw the note about sending private e-mail but there's another side to this:  not all of us are trying to get into TJ and/or we have other time constraints that would be adversely impacted by a date change.

Have you asked TJ to change its exam day instead or - easier for all of us except for the people proctoring the TJ exams! - to offer a makeup exam day for those with VADCFLL conflicts?  That would be way better for those of us who plan around more than one activity this time of year.

My girls' teams haven't made it to the state competition yet but they'd love to (last year, our older daughter's team was an alternate).  But if you change the competition to a week later and their teams did go on next year, either my girls would have to miss their annual skating performances or miss the LEGO competition :-<  They practice for months for their skating show/program (one does the rink's annual group show; the other does solos and takes private lessons to put her routine together).  As LEGO coaches and parents, that would put us (and them) in a really awkward spot - go to their skating shows (and who would bring the team to the competition?), go to the LEGO competition (and pull them out of their performances, which wouldn't show much commitment at the rink), or send them to their skating shows with the grandparents while we take the other kids out of town (AWKWARD!).  I realize there isn't as much overlap with ice skaters as with TJ preppers, but I wanted to point this out as an example that the TJ folks aren't the only ones out there with other obligations and plans who would be impacted.  At least an exam can be rescheduled; a skating show and a lot of other events can't be.

Thanks for keeping more than just the TJ preppers in mind.