From:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:52:48 -0400
Have others been able to view the mission videos on the Smart Move
mission site? They are not working well for me, and I wonder if the
site received adequate testing on various CPU/browser combinations. I
have tested on a Mac running OS 10.5.4 and three different browsers:

   Firefox v3.5:  The videos stop (revert to stopped state) after a
short time (a few frames to a few seconds). To see a video means
clicking the "play" button many times.

   Opera v9.6:  The videos play, but closing the mission pop-up window
leaves the video behind. In that condition the video covers part of
the web page and the video controls no longer work.

   Safari v4.0:  The videos work correctly.

In all cases they play very slow and jerky, but I assume that's
because the site is getting hit hard by teams interested in the
missions, and a lot of clicking and serving is required to view the
material. I don't find a place to see all the missions in one
text-only window or document. I assume the good folks at
Techbrick.com are racing to produce such a document as they have in
the past. A PDF version has also been ginned up by Jin (pardon the
pun!).

--
Cheers,
Mike Blanpied