From:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:04:39 -0400
As John notes, there's lots of cross-pollination from tournaments. What's
critical (again, echoing what John wrote) is that the kids do the work. As
Head Judge at tournaments, I've seen coaches who won't let the kids touch
the robot in practice; I also once found a coach happily sitting by himself
in the pits programming the robot while his team ran around. I approached
him - wearing my judging finery - and said Hi; he responded in kind, didn't
seem to have any awareness that he was transgressing. And no, that team's
robot had not just scored a 400!

--

Phil Smith III

Coach, The Capital Girls (retired)