From:
Brandy bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brandy bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 08:59:00 -0700
Is it just me, or does anyone else believe their is something inherently wrong
with the gears for the new NXT brick, (or maybe it's the new brick itself)?
Robotics is suppose to be very precise.  Yes, some things go wrong- sometimes.
But I'll be darned if my team's best consistency isn't 1/3 of the time.  NASA or
factories would never settle for such horrible ratios.  My team is disheartened
by the lack of precision in the machinery they are working with.  I can only
hope that fll come out with a 2.0 gear for their NXT brick by next tournament.
I'm sad they came out with the new, inconstant model than than sticking with the
very consistent RCX models and gears.

Personally, my team is putting their hopes in the skit and teamwork skills.
Regards,
Brandy