Sender:
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2018 07:34:11 -0500
From:
Jeff Borek <[log in to unmask]>
I agree with Skip, notably conditions will be different and mechanical
shielding helps.  I’d just add that what worked for my team last year (I
never used a formal calibration routine with my 4th and 5th graders):

You probably can take a quick reading over black and white on a competition
table [port view of on the brick] on the morning of the competition.  If
your tournament doesn't allow you access to the table you can use some time
in your practice round and then make necessary changes to set-points in the
programs for the later rounds.

Also probably obvious but my team found this year that is better to look
for white than black given the dark background of most of the mat.  [Alas]
they have given up on light sensor (and gyro) because they find odometry
"better" this year.