From:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 23:38:39 -0500
It's a judgement call by the refs as to whether it's intentional or not. If the robot goes to lift it, the sample wedges in the hole, and the robot pulls the ring apart, that's (probably) not going to be ruled intentional. If, OTOH, you bring the ring back to base, open it, and then deliver it open for some reason, that's clearly intentional damage.

Everything else is somewhere on the spectrum...
--
Phil Smith III
Virginia State Judge Advisor, 2007, 2008

Coach, The Capital Girls, Oak Hill (retired)
Team 1900 (2002)
Team 2497 (2003)
Team 2355 (2004)
Team 1945 (2005)