From:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:29:25 -0400
It has been several years since I bought a kit.  Some teams like lots of
variety of parts and some teams don't seem to need them.  My team's have
always enjoyed having a variety of parts available (because I'm a parts
geek)  but they are pretty sophisticated builders. I have seen amazing
robotics with minimal parts.

Part kits can be had here
http://www.legoeducation.us/eng/search/technicsand here
http://www.legoeducation.us/eng/product/technology_resource_set/340

Note some of the parts shown ARE NOT LEGAL lego parts

And then individual parts or selections can be purchased from
http://www.bricklink.com/

At brickline you are buying from individual sellers like ebay. So read
reviews and ask questions about how fast you can get parts.  It is best to
pick a lego technics parts supplier and then scan their available parts. I
have found that easier than trying to find the parts in the search.

For example here is a couple seller and parts that I have used

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=TheBrickHouse

Whether you need more parts is a very team specific question.

Eric Palmer
Team #7
The Rainbow Cows